Outreach and Strategic Partnerships
At the cornerstone of GGSV’s business, relationships are the core asset of our outreach and strategic partnerships practice. Our keen ability to strategically connect organizations and individuals yields relationships that are sustainable, and mutually beneficial, while creating winning solutions for clients and communities.
Our expertise encompasses, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Coalition Building
- Community Relations
- Contributions (business, charitable, political)
- Multicultural and Multilingual Outreach
- Events (design, management, oversight)
- Communication Management
Never underestimate the value of relationships; no other strategy provides a greater return on investment.
Client: AEG (ANSCHUTZ ENTERTAINMENT GROUP)
Industry: Sports and Entertainment
The overseeing authority for the Oakland/Alameda County O.co Coliseum and Oracle Arena opened up bidding for its management services contract after 13 years with an incumbent supplier. Sports and entertainment giant, AEG, was one of three entities seeking to manage the Oakland sports complex.
AEG faced an uphill battle to compete with the name recognition and established relationships of the competing firms, one of which was the incumbent provider. GGSV was hired to illustrate, to the overseeing authority and the Oakland /Alameda County community, how AEG would be the best fit to manage the facilities and to achieve established financial and philanthropic goals.
GGSV developed a community outreach and local media strategy creating strategic partnerships with local business, government, faith, labor and community leaders and organizations by:
1. Immersing AEG in the economic, social, and cultural landscape of Oakland/Alameda County;
2. Identifying and educating community influencers and decision makers regarding AEG’s ability to positively impact economic development and job creation in Oakland/Alameda County, and
3. Mobilizing a coalition of supporters to advocate on behalf of AEG’s bid.
Secured a five-year management services contract to operate O.co Coliseum and Oracle Arena, a historic multi-million dollar sports and entertainment complex, through focused community engagement strategies.